Scalp Issues? Meet MediPRO by Aromase.
What is MediPRO by Aromase?
The MediPRO range of products was developed for the prevention and treatment of mild to severe scalp conditions. It uses 99.8% organic natural products that have been clinically tested and proven to relieve symptoms of excess sebum or oil, scalp itching, flaking and sensitive dry scalps.
It contains 5 medical-grade, home use treatment products in the range, and you may be advised to use one or more of the products, depending on your condition.
Scalp care forms part of our basic hygiene routines like brushing your teeth and washing your face. Terra Medical Clinic carefully curates their selection of scalp care products, taking extra care to avoid harmful ingredients like sulfates, parabens, unnatural fragrances etc.
As a medical hair restoration practice, we have evaluated the clinical studies of this product and testimonials from our own patients, and recommend this as a convenient way to start your scalp treatment without breaking the bank.
Take care of your scalp issues, starting from home
When taken care of with a proper hair care regime, one can resolve many scalp issues before even visiting the doctor or a hair salon for multiple treatments which can end up pretty pricey when you add it up.
There are many scalp conditions – seborrheic dermatitis, folliculitis, dandruff, etc but they can be narrowed down to stem from two main issues – an oily scalp, or a dry scalp.
A simple self assessment would tell you what condition your scalp is currently in:
If you find that your scalp feels oilier than it should be, causing an unsightly appearance, in practice, you would be considered to have ‘seborrhea’ – a term used by doctors to describe excessive oil (sebum) production.
Oil on the scalp and hair are used as nutrients for bacteria and fungi that are naturally present on the scalp. After ‘consuming’ and breaking down the sebum, these micro-organisms secrete a malodorous (smelly) product, resulting in the typical ‘oily scalp odor’.
Why do I have an oily scalp?
Oil glands (sebaceous glands or sebaceous units) exist all over the skin and on the scalp. Sebum production is a normal bodily function – however, some individuals can produce too much sebum due to a few factors:
2.Excessive male hormones
3.Imbalance in hormones
5.Having a history of acne
Will an oily scalp lead to hair loss?
Excessive scalp oil can lead to dandruff (pityriasis capitis), and at a more inflamed stage, a medical condition called seborrheic dermatitis.
Seborrheic dermatitis symptoms include:
- Greasy scales and flakes, usually yellow in colour
- Itching of the scalp
- Formation of ‘pimples’ on the scalp
In severe cases, the inflammation that results from seborrheic dermatitis can result in hair follicle scarring and permanent hair loss.
What haircare can I use for an oily scalp?
MediPRO’s 3-Step hair care regime for an oily scalp
If your scalp is normal – oily, you can start off with a once a week, simple home treatment scalp purifying shampoo to reduce oiliness and protect your scalp from dandruff and seborrheic dermatitis. For best results, one can try the full set, including the shampoo & scalp spray.
- SCALP PURIFYING LIQUID SHAMPOO (weekly)
All active ingredients in MediPRO’s Purifying Liquid Shampoo perform 4 main functions, crucial to reducing oiliness and itching of the scalp.
- SIMPLY FRESH SHAMPOO (daily)
- SIMPLY FRESH SCALP CARE SPRAY (daily)
The full set helps to reduce the activity of the glands that produce sebum, preventing inflammation with its star ingredient – glycyrrhetinic acid, reducing bacteria that cause breakdown of oil, and keeps the scalp moist, protected and nourished!
What haircare can I use for a dry scalp?
MediPRO’s 3-Step for a dry scalp
If your scalp is dry, the frequency of the scalp purifying treatment would be reduced to once a fortnight, but follow through with the Simply Hydro Shampoo & Scalp Care Spray daily!
- SCALP PURIFYING LIQUID SHAMPOO (weekly) All active ingredients in MediPRO’s Purifying Liquid Shampoo perform 4 main functions, crucial to reducing oiliness and itching of the scalp.
- CLEANSE – SIMPLY HYDRO SHAMPOO (daily)
- SPRAY – SIMPLY HYDRO SCALP CARE SPRAY (daily)
Why do we love & recommend the Aromase MediPRO range?
1. How do I use the Aromase MediPRO Scalp Purifying Shampoo?
The treatment is simple and effective, you can do it in the comfort of your own bathroom:
- Massage an ample amount of the liquid shampoo onto your hair and scalp, remembering to cover all areas of hair-bearing scalp (people often miss out shampooing the sideburns and down to the neck).
- Leave the foam in contact with your scalp for 2 minutes.
- Wash off thoroughly with luke-warm to cool water.
Following these 3-simple steps, once a week, will help to control oil production of the scalp and prevent and even treat mild cases of seborrheic dermatitis.
2. How do you use the Scalp Spray?
The Scalp Care Spray provides all the benefits of the Liquid Purifying and Simply Fresh Shampoos, with added nourishment and defense against the male hormones that damage hair follicles.
The Scalp Care Spray add-on takes only a couple of minutes to perform and this should done daily:
- After drying your hair, part your hair to expose an area of scalp (e.g. center parting)
- Spray 1 full pump directly onto the scalp
- Repeat 8 – 10 sprays to cover the entire scalp
- Massage the tonic for about 30-60 seconds
3. How long will each bottle last?
- Depending on the length of your hair, each bottle / bundle of products should be able to last around 3 months. If you have very long hair, you may require more frequent purchases of the shampoos.
4. How long before I see results?
- You will notice the sensation of freshly hair spa-cleaned hair and scalp immediately! Clinical studies have been conducted (to evaluate oil production and microscopic appearance of scalp) after using Aromase MEDIPro and the average time taken to achieve oil suppression is 28 days.
5. Are there any drugs in this product?
- This product has no drug or medications in it. It does not require a prescription.
6. Do I need to consult with a doctor before using this product?
- Terra Medical Clinic offers hair loss and scalp consultations in-clinic as well as online if you are unsure of what product to use.
7. Does this product replace hair loss medications?
- No. Hair loss medications prescribed by your doctor should be continued if you wish to continue to experience the effects of those medications.
8. Can I use Aromase MediPRO products on permed / dyed hair?
- Yes. However, if your hair is bleached and dry, apply a once a week dry hair mask and use a suitable conditioner daily. The same precaution applies to bleached hair, permed hair can be brittle and dry.
9. Can I use Aromase MediPRO products if I am pregnant or breastfeeding?
- Yes. There are no ingredients in these products that would affect pregnancy, childbirth or breastfeeding.
10. Can I use Aromase MediPRO with other hair styling products?
- Yes. Certain hair styling products cause the hair to appear glossy and shiny and are not useful on people with oily scalps / hair. Remember to use the Simply Fresh shampoo to thoroughly remove any styling product at least once a day.
11. Is there a minimum or maximum age limit to use AROMASE MEDIPro products?
- No there is no age limit to this range of products.
12. Will I get an allergic reaction to these products?
- The ingredients are 99.8% organic and natural – the risk of an allergic reaction is very low. It is recommended that you test the Simply Fresh Scalp Care Spray on another area of the body e.g. your arm, before using it on your scalp. If you have no itching or rashes after the test dose, it would be safe for you to use it on your scalp.